Job Ref: 686622
Provides systems consulting services to a business or user group in support of its data processing, maintenance, and reporting requirements. Employees in this job class define processes and specifications of related software applications systems based upon client input and systems knowledge. This job requires in-depth knowledge of businesses and systems supported, data requirements; and the ability to analyze, design, and code reports with proper application of metrics, formulas and statistical techniques.
- Performs detailed analyses of users’ data processing and reporting needs; designs and codes specialized reports; maintain data bases and tables; and represents requirements for application program development and
- Acts as a solutions architect to analyze a variety of complex business software issues and generate systems solutions.
- Enhances operational scripts and tools to improve information capture and application automation and efficiency through systematic interaction of tools.
- Applies proof-of concept testing in creative ways around current tools and core functions.
- Researches current tools and core processes to suggest new solutions for production. Provides leadership on selection of specific application technologies.
- Plans, implements, troubleshoots and interprets requests for business information.
- Actively participates in business planning meetings. Makes presentations to peers, recommends business and application strategies.
- Plans and manages projects to implement new or revised
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Seven or more years of experience in business operations and systems support in Financial Systems; (INFOR LN is a Strong Plus)
- Skills to design and code management reports;
- Familiarity with RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) concepts and design features, and skill to write SQL query statements;
- Advanced skill to use spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software tools to produce reports and correspondence;
- Clear understanding of business systems, processes and data needs of assigned users;
- Effective written communication skills for developing user documentation and training materials;
- Effective oral communication skills for explaining technical information to end users and business management, and providing user training;
- Mathematical skills including the ability to apply basic algebra and concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, discounts, and interest;
- Flexibility to respond to changing work priorities and handle multiple projects at the same
- Customer service skills to act responsively to customer inquiries and requests; and escalate matters appropriately;
- Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with staff, management and clients;
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense