Emerald Talent Group
About the Company
Company is a 25 year old Company with US headquarters in San Diego, California. With 250 employees around the world based from offices in Boston, Munich, Hong Kong, Taipei and Shanghai, they are established as a global leader in the retail store brand product development and supply chain technology market.
Fast moving innovation Company that acts more like a Silicon Valley start-up than an established 25 year old software Company. We are guided by our three core values Speed, Scale and Simplicity. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team, offering immediate opportunities for growth, building value in oneself and having a clear view of the future. It is important to us that each and every Team Member is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done, but is an awesome addition to our Company culture. We pride ourselves on our ability to attract, retain, and promote the very best.
The Role: The Content Marketing Strategist (CMS), is ultimately responsible for creating or collaborating on strategy. The focus will be to launch marketing campaigns and measure results, which may then inform future strategic decision-making. As that wide-bearing responsibility may suggest, the content strategists will be involved across the spectrum of content marketing.
This is a highly specialized role. It’s strictly related to content marketing so you’ll get a chance to grow in this field. CMS will work closely with the VP of Marketing and the Marketing Operations Manager. You’ll be involved in strategy development for online content that the company will create, publish, and distribute.
Some of the CMS competencies include:
Demand Gen: Demand generation marketing, including an extensive working understanding of digital marketing tactics (paid and organic social, paid search and display, retargeting, programmatic), campaign strategy, and campaign execution + Ability to forecast lead acquisition, CPL, and overall results for planned marketing campaigns + Proven experience in content strategy supported by SEO/SEM optimization and PPC strategy + Strong, proven organizational, planning, project management, problem resolution and influencing skills required + Self-starter mentality with strong sense of ownership, ability to work autonomously.
Social media: There is perhaps no greater arena for brand awareness and content marketing than social media. The strategists will be knowledgeable about these platforms, as he/she may need to select the ideal social media channels to run a campaign through. Social media posting will also fall within the strategist purview; the CMS will help analyze social media data to direct strategy.
Communication: The strategists should expect to be in constant communication throughout the day, whether that’s through email, over the phone or in person. Marketing strategy must be responsive, and the CMS will largely be in charge of maintaining that readiness. Communication skills are fundamental to the role, as they will be needed to finalize strategy, coordinate stakeholders, manage team production and report on business goals. Yet informal communication is just as important. CMS may need to build relationships with customers, or with coworkers, which communication is central to. Networking and event marketing, also, will call into action those communicative skills.
Content creation: It may come as no surprise that a CMS needs to be knowledgeable about marketing content itself. Targeting an audience entails knowing what content will perform best with that demographic or buyer persona. CMS will be in charge of filling out the editorial calendar with ideas, building content included within the calendar, helping proofread content, or moving pieces between different stages of production.
Expectation management: The CMS will be hands-on in resolving poor campaign performance issues. That doesn’t mean becoming a “yes” man or woman, but rather finding common ground or building consensus. It may also mean having frank conversations about what is achievable in reality. Goals are lofty for a reason, but may need to be brought back down to Earth. Conflicts between internal teams may also need to be resolved by a CMS, who needs to set an example for everyone else they work with.
SEO: The CMS will be responsible for helping and assisting the SEO Agency in analyzing, reviewing and executing the changes related to company websites in order to get it optimized for the search engine. The CMS will help to maximize the traffic that comes to a site by improving content writing, the use of key words in content building and working closely with the agency on overall execution.
- Understanding the Company Cloud application and mobile app and the roles that our solution caters to for major worldwide retailers (design, product development, sourcing, quality, finance, logistics, assortment planning etc.) in order to build out creative, relatable, comprehensive and eye-catching content.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing team to develop and execute plans for specific presentations and campaigns.
- Develop a content marketing strategy
- Execute measurable demand creation programs that drive revenue through direct and indirect sales teams
- Work with product/solution marketing to implement a common campaign framework for the global marketing community to leverage
- Identify the right content type of different industry categories/buyer personas
- Develop, Create & manage an editorial calendar to manage content 30-60 days out – and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Write, Publish and manage content (Website’s, Blog’s, Whitepapers, Reports, Press Releases, Customer case studies etc.)
- Promote content
- Track and monitor performance
- Assist in the development and implementation of digital marketing strategy
- Monitor traffic, leads, marketing funnel, sales funnel, and ROI
- Manage presence on all the marketing channels including blog, email marketing, YouTube, social media, and others
- Manage the company’s blog
- Conduct analysis and reports
- Manage the workflow, to-dos and allocation of content creation from a small size team.
- Work closely with Hong Kong Marketing team on strategy, plan and use of content not only for Retailers in U.S./Europe, but for suppliers in the APAC region.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Marketing campaign writing experience, specifically: writing email and landing page copy, with serious creativity to craft subject lines, hooks, calls-to-action, and copy that converts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good working knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- Strong Knowledge of SEO/Optimizing Content (keywords, meta descriptions, alt text etc.).
- Strong social media skills (Google, LinkedIn, You Tube, Instagram and WeChat)
- Strong Knowledge of PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns (Google Ad Words / Display Ads / LinkedIn Ads)
- Helpful if you know digital platforms – Sales Force, Marketo, Campaign Monitor (CM), Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics, Word Press, Wix, YouTube.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience, hands product marketing experience in enterprise software, preferably working in retail, consumer products or supply chain.
- Based in San Diego CA.
- Willing to travel internationally (Hong Kong) and China; up to 25%, as required on marketing related activities.