Emerald Talent Group
PRIDE is looking for an experienced Data Architect. The ideal candidate is an innovative, flexible, professional, with strong analytical skills allowing them to work collaboratively across teams to solve critical business problems. We are seeking a self-starter with past experience working with a variety of data technologies including, but not limited to MS SQL Server, MySQL, Data Warehouse, Data Lake, including SQL script design/dev, and stored procedures in medium-to-large organizations. This would include both on-premise and cloud solutions..
- Responsible for designing & implementing a data architecture that will help with scalability, performance & reliability across projects.
- Design and recommend load processes from disparate data sources into Data Lake and subsequent SQL & SQL Data Warehouses
- Model data for consumption by analytics tools such as MS Power BI, and other direct SQL reporting within code.
- Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts
- Evangelize re-use through implementation of shared assets
- Develop and enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Proactively provide guidance on engineering methodologies, standards, and leading practices
- Understand and translate business needs into logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality, reduced redundancy, and that support long-term solutions.
- Work with the Application Development team to implement data strategies, build data flows and develop conceptual data models.
- Maintain, Optimize, and update conceptual logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Guide Business Analysts and Developers with support and requirements.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Ability to balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic
- 5+ years of experience in working as a data modeler or data architect.
- Expert knowledge in Star Schema and database modeling best practices.
- 3+ years of SQL Server development, ETL/ELT development, or equivalent
- Infor Data Lake, Infor ION, and Pentaho a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, Analytics, Systems Eng., Statistics or related field
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- 7 years in business environments in Data Modeling and designing
- Demonstrable experience in developing, validating, publishing, maintaining LOGICAL and PHYSICAL data models
- Demonstrable experience using data modeling tools.
- Evaluate existing data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies
- Experience with managing meta data for data models
- Demonstrable experience in developing, publishing, and maintaining all documentation for data models
- Work with Business Analysts, Leads and Engineers to achieve project objectives
- 5+ years ETL/ELT development experience using SQL Server and automation experience.
- 7+ years experience in working as a data modeler or data architect in cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Willingness to adapt to and self-learn new technologies and deliver on them