Emerald Talent Group
You will lead the development and configuration of data interfaces for our SaaS analysis and reporting solution for healthcare providers (medical clinics, hospitals, major health systems, etc.). You will be responsible for the transformation, loading, management, and analysis of data that we gather from doctors, hospitals, patients, government organizations such as Medicare, and Insurance companies. Additionally, you will also play a role in augmenting our analytics layer on top of all this data, generating new analyses and charts as feedback is captured from our customers.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining database systems that provide online data analysis and reporting for healthcare providers (medical clinics, hospitals, health systems & networks, etc.).
- Ownership of transforming and importing disparate data sources into our data analysis platform
- Setting up automated tasks for importing data from proprietary (e.g. Electronic Medical Record and Billing systems) and public data sets (e.g. Medicare)
- Designing standard interfaces for specific data sources
- Setting up monitoring processes for data loading
- Working with our internal business analysts to set-up new analyses and charts for presentation via our web reporting framework.
A few qualities we expect:
- You are highly motivated and are looking for more than just another average job. You are hungry to learn and grow. We will create an environment in which you can create new opportunities for growth, whether it’s expanding new skills, identifying new product ideas to pursue, or reinventing a way we deliver our product and services to clients.
- You must be willing to work in a start-up environment: you will inevitably have to deal with ambiguity and lack of structure at times as things moves fast. You can thrive when working independently, but thoroughly enjoy working with a collaborative, open team.
- You are not afraid to speak up with ideas and challenge the status quo.
- You ideally have a particular interest or passion for working in the healthcare domain to solve problems to make the system easier to understand and more effective for doctors and patients.
A few skills we expect:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, information systems, computer science or related field, and 2 or more years of experience working with database systems
- Microsoft technology stack (e.g. .NET, C#, SQL Server)
- Relevant work experiences
- Experience delivering data analysis systems (e.g. from database design through visualizations)
- Experience developing ETL processes for SQL databases
- Bonus: hands-on experience with health data
- Experience working with various data formats: Excel, XML, csv, etc. (Healthcare EDI standards a bonus)
- Excellent writing and communication skills