Emerald Talent Group
KenSci is on a mission to Fight death with Data Scienceby improving all aspects of patient care. Data scientists on the KenSci team focus deeply on customers in healthcare industry solve very-challenging life saving predictive modeling problems with impact to entire continuum of care across the globe!
What you get to do: Join a mission driven team of data science engineers and clinicians to change healthcare.
• Design and develop new machine learning algorithms, optimize existing techniques and leverage the value of parametric as well as non-parametric learning algorithms to shape the future of healthcare analytics.
• Take large complex problems, and figure out unique solutions to how to predict what happens next to the human body-how does a disease progress given personal & population driven characteristics, what interventions reverse or slow progression of disease.
• Learn, Lead, Collaborate & Connect with customers who are leaders in healthcare and to grow with our company’s journey to fulfill the mission -fight death with data science
•Key attributes we look for in a person: Construct great products with your awesome coding chops -and can talk in detail about what you have done
• Self-starter with a deep bias for action and getting things done -and done right
• Can balance pragmatism with theoretical sound decisions -in short, have some hustle
• Evidence based medicine required evidence of action: Have a github, bitbucket, or gitlabs account with some super cool stuff to show
Desired Skills and Experience
•Demonstrated ability w R/Python to apply various techniques such as decision trees, clustering, regression, bayes nets, neural-nets, & agent-based modeling using custom as well as open source tools.
• 2+ years of professional data science work experience, or combination of work and graduate-level education in data science
• Deep experience creating and applying advanced ML techniques to scale
• A knack for grasping visualizations and representations needed to communicate to non-technical audience to take appropriate actions to improve care for individuals & more effectively manage population(s) segments
• Familiarity with ML tools across R, Python packages and PowerBI, SAS, Tableau.
• Understanding of healthcare data formats, workflows, and scenarios is a plus
• Bachelors in Computer Science/Statistics/Math/Health Informatics or related field (graduate degree preferred)
• Embrace our Culture Innovate -capable of having a completely original idea and taking it to the next stage, leading the way through example for the company
• Collaborate -Work with others to develop super successful patterns (for sales, presentations, micro-services, experiences, etc.)
• Help Others -when a team member needs it, let’s lend a hand and help them to blaze a trail better on their own next time
• Relentless -We will stop at nothing to delight our customers & continuously grow our people
•Join us, lead us -let’s improve the quality of life across the globe together!
KenSci is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.