Emerald Talent Group
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you get excited about scaling applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Engineering Managers who are passionate about coding and coaching to join our team!
This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in shaping the building of large scale, reliable applications that impact the way we do business. You will participate in detailed technical design reviews; facilitate development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will be responsible for ensuring quality standards are established and met, attending daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and assist in shaping the team vision and direction. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence and creating experiences to delight millions of customers!
Who are you?
You’re the new Software Engineering Delivery Lead joining us J to lead the team.
You’ve written and/or released lots of software, shipped products and contributed to platforms, tools, and modules. Having worked with several frameworks, designs and scaling models you understand the challenges involved with building big, distributed systems used by thousands of people every day – and relish them. You love to learn new things and to grow.
– Hire, coach, and develop software engineering team-members (with the active involvement and input of the existing team-members)
– Be a part of peer and code reviews
– Responsible for the consum-ability of software delivered to customers
– Establish guardrails around ilities (performance, security, scalability, resiliency, etc.)
– Partner with their peers on the Business side (e.g. Product Owners) on the product strategy and vision
– Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends
– Provide mentorship, career development, performance feedback and complete performance evaluations for team-members
– Help determine how best technology can be applied to meet the customers needs
– Bachelor’s degree or Military experience
– At least 2 years of experience managing/hiring software engineers
– At least 5 years of experience with Object Oriented Design/Programming
– (C# or Java)
– At least 5 years of experience with Service Oriented Architectures
– At least 5 years of experience with open source technologies
– At least 5 years of experience with agile development methodologies
– At least 5 years of experience with test automation tools
– At least 5 years of experience with large-scale distributed systems
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering
8+ years of experience in leading software-oriented projects from inception to delivery
– 2+ years of Windows Server/IIS experience
– 2+ years of cloud experience
– 2+ year of AWS APIs and services experience
– 2+ years of SQL or 2+ years of NoSQL database experience
– 2+ years of Financial institution experience or 2+ years of Brokerage institution experience