Emerald Talent Group
SkyKick is a fast-growing pioneer in the cloud market and has won numerous awards from Microsoft Partner of the Year to Red Herring Top 100 North America. Our mission is to build SaaS products that solve the IT industry’s cloud challenges. Our products are 100% partner channel focused and have helped over 5,000 global partners build successful cloud businesses by making it easy to move, backup, and manage their customers in the cloud. We empower leaders company-wide to develop solutions that are changing expectations. We love the new scale opportunities that come with our growth and would love to share this amazing journey with more passionate people!
We are headquartered in Seattle, WA and as a 100 Best Company in Washington, we offer a competitive comp and benefits package, along with great perks! SkyKick is a proud equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.skykick.com.
About the Role
SkyKick is currently in search of a hands-on, agile, and passionate Director of Business Planning & Strategy to join our team. In this critical role, you will be driving strategy and goals through business management and strategic analysis. You will not only impact the success of your team, but also the performance across the entire company.
In this role you will be providing thought leadership in the technology space, with the ability to look around the corner. You will have a demonstrated track record of identifying trends early and leveraging insights to drive strategy and direction. The Director, Business Planning & Strategy will understand business opportunities across the cloud platform and “Business SaaS” combined with the ability to translate opportunities into business plans. You will orchestrate regular business reviews with leadership team; establish and manage a regular cadence of meetings for transparent communication of business status, focused discussion of high-priority issues, and coordinated decision-making. As the Director of Business Planning & Strategy you will identify and chase opportunities to grow revenue and profits by designing and leading cross-functional operational improvement programs and work with executives to identify strategic initiatives and to develop (3-5 year) road-map to achieve the long-range goals.
The Director of Business Planning & Strategy will:
- Drive execution of strategy
- Create frameworks to tackle complex problems; drive diagnostic rigor in making decisions; leverage data to develop actionable solutions
- Understand how to build our business to enhance core profitability
- Drive high-profile initiatives
- Be a thought partner for executives
- Advise the senior leadership team in answering strategy questions by managing and analyzing a library of internal and external data sources
- Lead organization to be more well-adapted in iterative goal setting, tracking, and learning
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar
- 10+ years Business experience;
- 6-8 years track record developing and leading technical strategies, ideally in companies in growth mode
- 2-5 years’ experience in top tier management consulting firm preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role
- Hands on Experience with High Growth companies
- Progressive experience in managing projects of business strategies to clear goals, quickly translating information into actions
- 4+ years’ experience in Data Analysis and Report Development, BI Analyst or similar. Proficient in the use of query and reporting analysis tools. Intermediate level of knowledge of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse. Ability to find and communicate insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Efficient and scrappy while maintaining discipline and detail-orientation
- Strategic thinker – ability to connect the big picture to specific tactics; Experience managing large and complex strategic projects. Experience orchestrating and driving outcome from cross team projects
- Strong collaboration skills; Ability to galvanize support for making changes to the business and holding others accountable for results
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to clearly articulate and present strategy programs to key executive stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong personal initiative