Emerald Talent Group
VP of Services and Customer Success
Smartsheet is looking for an experienced leader to help build, operate, scale, and continuously improve our customer experience through services. They will lead the full breadth of service offerings across consulting, customer success, and technical support. Initially, primary focus will be on expanding the recently established consulting practice. Across all functions, the team is expected to grow over 50%, from 50 currently to over 80 people in 2016.
The right candidate has a proven ability to attract and mentor talent, set strategy, and lead the development of integrated processes — from methodology development to client engagement, to satisfaction measurement.
As VP of Services and Customer Success, you will be part of an innovative, success and results-driven team that tailors and supports our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for collaborative work management solutions to a broad range of organizations in over 175 countries. This role requires a leader with a unique blend of proficiency in technology based solutions, business leadership, people management skills, business development acumen, and communication skills.
This position is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA and is a member of the senior management team.
- Drive strategy to ensure customer success, retention, and expansion across all customer segments.
- Work with leadership of the respective service lines to: 1) Optimally deliver consulting services throughout customer lifecycle to ensure maximum customer value and overall economic impact (software + services), 2) Provide comprehensive integrated online content, real-time support, and training so customers can fully realize the value of the service, 3) Engage customer success personnel in a segment-appropriate manner to ensure high quality onboarding experience, satisfaction, referencability, expansion and retention
- Work with sales and marketing teams to drive growth of the consulting and services business
- Establish and deploy consulting methodology for solution design and delivery
- Oversee scoping, estimating, proposing, SOW creation, and staff allocation
- Work with partner marketing team to develop a stable of trusted partners for delivery of projects requiring Smartsheet integration with third party tools
- Design the services resource model and incentives necessary to deliver repeatable revenue growth, high impact solutions capability, and scale
- Deliver high-quality technical support services via phone, email and self-service to a world-wide customer baseMeet or exceed quarterly and annual satisfaction, services revenue, customer retention goals
- Deliver meaningful, strategic and tactical insight to relevant senior functional leaders through customer feedback, solution delivery results, business goals, key performance indicators, and analysis
- Work closely with the product and platform engineering teams to share customer insights that inform future product developments
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Excellent client management skills and the ability to work with customers in both pre-sales and post-sales environment
- Strong leadership, business development, organizational, team management, communication (verbal, written, and presentation), and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years working in a software services leadership capacity
- Demonstrated success in solutioning, selling, and delivering solutions for F1000 organizations
- Proven success partnering across departments
- Excellent customer engagement, solution visioning, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience translating customer business requirements into software solutions
Experience successfully utilizing change management and business process mapping strategies