Emerald Talent Group
The Director of I.T. Operations will provide leadership, overall direction, supervision, and planning for the Information Technology Operations (ITO) department within Delta Dental of Washington (DDWA). ITO is accountable for the ongoing support, maintenance, and management of the DDWA technology infrastructure, for production IT operations, and for service desk support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Infrastructure and Operations is accountable for the overall performance of all DDWA technology infrastructure and end user support. Success metrics include meeting and improving upon SLAs, increased customer satisfaction, and timely service provisioning. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure ongoing delivery of infrastructure and operations services meeting standards for system performance.
• Deploy and oversee the effective use of work and resource management systems. Ensure all work is planned, that priorities are clear, that resources are assigned, and that progress is monitored.
• Create and maintain well documented processes coupled with efficient and consistent work methodologies that conform to and support audit, security and business continuity requirements.
• Partners with IT Architecture to ensure development and execution of lifecycle management and maintenance plans.
• Champion the development of a departmental continuous improvement program. Establish continuous improvement culture and provides leadership across domains. Plays a central role in best-practice sharing.
• Plan and direct Infrastructure and Operations project activities.
• Partner with architecture, application delivery, and PMO teams to ensure planning, execution, and delivery of enterprise projects.
• Manage relationships with IT and Business Unit Leadership and work in close coordination with them to ensure infrastructure readiness according to planned implementations and release milestones.
• Assess impact of proposed changes to the infrastructure on the overall business / technology operation, and staff resources
• Define, maintain and report metrics representing the performance of the Department.
• Oversee, negotiate, and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Ensure operational health of our platforms, including lifecycle management.
• Manage adherence to governing controls (SSAE16, HIPAA, etc…)
• Direct supervision of 4-6 direct reports
• Proactively mentor staff members to, in-turn, promote consistent career management, performance measurement and skill development.
• Administer performance review process of direct reports
• Identify ways to share resources across applications / platforms to promote information sharing and career / skill development through job rotation
• Manage day to day workload and project planning
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field -OR- 4+ years equivalent combination of technical and functional experience
• 8+ years’ experience in IT or related field
• 5+ years infrastructure experience, ‘shared’ service provider environment strongly preferred
• 3+ years’ experience in a leadership role in an IT organization, multi-business unit environment preferred
• Experience leading transformational change within IT Infrastructure and Operations. This should include transition to a cloud service and/or leading a data center relocation.
• Progressive experience implementing and executing an IT Service Management framework. COBIT, MOF, and/or ITIL experience required.
• Excellent understanding of data center operations in a Microsoft technology stack.
• Experience with Agile, Lean, and/or Design Thinking preferred.
• Must be a highly organized and disciplined individual who fully understands the rigors of a 24 x 7 mission critical production environment and works well with multiple technical disciplines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to a multi-disciplined technology group and must be able to communicate well with all IT disciplines as well as internal and external business users.
• Strong knowledge and experience in contracting, negotiating, organization development/change management
• Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities are critical.
• Must be a highly motivated, responsive individual who can work independently and demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.