Emerald Talent Group
The Digital Marketing Manager, Email & Direct contributes to the success of Sur La Table by leading the successful development, implementation and execution of a customer centric, omnichannel marketing programs that drive profitable growth.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a center of excellence for the email channel; grow our database, increase customer retention, and drive increased lifetime.
- Plan and manage marketing campaigns that drive revenue and increase engagement, across all channels, online and offline.
- Own the life-cycle email program strategy, user flow & triggers, ideation, email content and messaging development and campaign execution.
- Integrate program strategy with broader CRM and loyalty initiatives to create a cohesive, omnichannel experience.
- Manage the development and approval of compelling content that drives results, including managing creative requests.
- Accountable for agency relationships and partner performance.
- Analyze and report on campaign results and customer behavior to identify actionable opportunities to increase sales, improve customer retention and improve engagement. Use findings to lead customer segmentation and targeting efforts.
- Drive the strategy, scheduling, execution and ongoing analysis of automated, targeted and personalized marketing strategies to engage customers.
- Conduct and track A/B testing for subject lines, frequency, calls to action, and other email content. Use learnings to continuously improve results.
- Identify and execute opportunities to enhance content through social media integration.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, management, and vendors to ensure successful execution of programs.
- Report on progress against goals and relevant metrics.
- Drive innovation, with a particular focus on mobile, by partnering with key stakeholders on a test / learn / grow framework.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, or equivalent field. MBA strongly preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in online and/or customer marketing, preferably for a retail / merchandise-driven business.
- 3+ years’ experience managing an email marketing program.
- Experience developing marketing creative and communication that drives customer response.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to influence others.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills. Ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs.
- Thorough understanding of direct marketing principles.
- Familiarity with FTC regulations.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to able to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance.