Emerald Talent Group
The Marketing Manager contributes to the success of Sur La Table by assisting with the planning and execution of effective national and regional marketing initiatives in order to grow the customer base and drive profitable sales. This position requires constant exercise of discretion in prioritization of work and reports to the Director of Marketing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with manager on the development of marketing strategies and plans to ensure the attainment of business objectives, marketing objectives, sales goals, customer goals and vendor agreements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other business groups including, but not limited to, creative, merchant teams, PR, store ops, and District Managers on the execution of marketing strategies for key brand initiatives such as brand campaigns, grand openings, events, etc.
- Own the social media marketing channel, working with partner agency/agencies and key vendors to bring brand and product stories to life for consumers.
- Write creative briefs and provide input to the creative team on the development of creative assets for campaigns and initiatives.
- Evaluate creative and provide feedback to ensure that marketing assets adhere to brand guidelines.
- Work with analysts/agencies to provide POVs and determine campaign effectiveness.
- Assist the Director of Marketing in the preparation of the marketing budget and manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects that fall under your scope of execution.
- Own the communications to Customer Service and Store Ops regarding upcoming and current marketing programs and offers.
- Continually seek proactive knowledge of the target customer, retail, marketing and media trends
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent field. Related work experience considered in lieu of education.
- 5+ years brand marketing experience. Preferably in a merchandise-driven or retail environment.
- Knowledge of traditional, digital and social media platforms coupled with an understanding of cross-channel marketing tactics.
- Experience managing projects impacting multi-functional teams and ensuring projects remain on task, on budget and on schedule.
- Excellent communicator, attention to detail and ability to multi task.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, professional, and accountable.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, specifically, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Sur La Table Core Competencies:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to able to use computer and other office equipment to accomplish work tasks.
- Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.