Emerald Talent Group
Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is seeking an experienced Partner Sales Director to build, operate, scale and continuously improve our sales business through high impact partner insight, program development, recruitment and sales execution. This dynamic leader will own a critical growth initiative in a fast moving cloud application business that is experiencing triple digit growth. The primary responsibility is to build and operate the strategy, tactics, processes, metrics and tools required to exceed revenue objectives. This position will lead the solutions partner strategy and change initiatives to accelerate revenue growth, market share and customer experience. You will be part of an innovative, successful, results-driven, and high-energy leadership team with a differentiated and high value Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that delivers real productivity to every function in organizations of every size in all industries in 175 countries. This role requires a team player with a unique blend of business leadership, ownership and management, sales acumen, mental agility, and communication skills.
This exciting and high profile role reports to the EVP of Sales and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual partner goals which includes resell, referral and solution and training capacity objectives.
- Recruit, develop, and execute joint sales plans with a set of strategic partners to accelerate results in key segments and markets.
- Lead and execute channel program development to deliver partner recruitment, on-boarding, benefits, rules of engagement and tools at scale.
- Team with our Alliance teams to execute high-impact strategies and tactics to recruit partners associated with those platforms (ex: Google, Microsoft, Box, Salesforce, etc)
- Deliver meaningful strategic and tactical business insight through appropriate business goals, metrics, key performance indicators and analytics through regular and ad-hoc business reviews with key stakeholders and virtual team members.
- Establish a Reseller Partner Advisory group to gain continuous and actionable insight on customers, market opportunities, competitors and program benefits.
- Minimum of 10+ years of partner sales experience, preferably 3+ years working in a high-volume cloud application business environment. Working knowledge of SaaS based collaboration/work management segment SaaS products.
- 5+ years developing and executing partner programs at scale which includes program features, economic incentives, sales campaigns, training and support.
- Strong leadership, business development, organizational, communication (verbal, written and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading, managing, or mentoring other sales/partner sales professionals.
- Excellent analytical, pattern matching and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and objective in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience and success performing to multiple business goals (Balanced Scorecard) by partnering across functions such as Direct Sales, Marketing, and Technical Support.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; advanced degree is a plus.