Emerald Talent Group
Are you passionate about positively impacting the lives of others to inspire change? Do you want to propel an industry into the future by crafting better products and customer experiences?
We are searching for a Solutions Architect to support our engineering teams in building scalable, extensible and reliable solutions that transforms the way the oral health industry operates. You report to the CIO, owning the software product architecture and developing our software engineering capabilities and technical strategy, as we are in the midst of transitioning to product management and agile development. Your leadership and organizational change skills will assist the teams in embracing efficient methodologies for building successful enterprise solutions.
You will apply your knowledge of architectures and technologies to build cloud native enterprise grade solutions that will power the future of the oral healthcare industry. Our opportunities consist of new solutions enabled by technological advancements (e.g. machine vision) and abstracting, decoupling or deprecating legacy components to gain scale and modernize over time.
You have experience developing a common architecture across a product portfolio to enable agility, speed and cost efficiency for solution teams. You are comfortable collaborating across leadership, product management, and engineering to grow an understanding of the future vision and realize its benefits. You are hardworking and innovative, encouraging teams to think big and build for the future.
We work around a singular vision that all people will enjoy good oral and overall health, with no one left behind. We succeed because of a shared commitment to a set of values that guide everything we do – for our customers, for our communities, and for each other. Our OneTeam values are accountable, courage, curious, inclusive and integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define a measurable future state architecture from concepts. Support business case development, cost modeling, goal definition and interpersonal impacts.
- Mentor solution/product teams on the benefits, constructs and logic to realize future state technology goals.
- Develop solution architecture concepts of early stage opportunities to assist planning and refinement of value proposition.
- Drive growth and maturity of software engineering culture and capabilities
- Nurturing talent development, strategic orientation, and performance of the engineering function
- Connect technical work in the teams to strategy
- Collaborate with product managers on roadmap development
- Collaborate with cybersecurity, data engineering, and infrastructure on overall solution architectures and technical strategies
- Advocate for consistency in methods, offering support for continuous improvement of processes and methods
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years’ experience in designing and building software systems, with an emphasis on interface, service and integration layers.
- Proven experience managing (or leading) and developing teams
- Our compiled code is primarily of C#, .NET
- You are hands-on, you don’t need to write code but are willing to dive in and work with teams to overcome challenges
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices and methodologies, able to coach teams and the organization on agile practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern software architectures, including techniques and concepts such as serverless, event sourcing, cross platform messaging, microservices, tensorflow and other platform related constructs
- Demonstrate an ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Great teammate, willing to invest in the success and “leveling up” of others
- Clear understanding of architecture and design decisions beyond the scope of immediate technical area of expertise