Emerald Talent Group
Are you the go-to person on your team? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the only one who can solve them? Do you spend more of your time convincing people to let you build what needs to be built than actually building it? Have you spent more than 10 hours in meetings this week? Come work for us and unleash your true potential.
Smartsheet is looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to join the development team and manage a small team of their own. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in an agile apolitical environment that stays focused on building great software. Here you can use the latest web technologies to their fullest potential. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Develop and maintain server-side Java code
- Build and maintain integrations with the big players in tech: Amazon Web Services, Google, Salesforce.com, Microsoft, Jira, PayPal, and others
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 7+ years software development experience
- 3-5 years previous management experience
- 5+ years Java web application development
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Office365, Salesforce, etc.)
- MySQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
- Experience with Apache Lucene, Memcache, RabbitMQ, and NoSQL
- Experience developing, documenting, and supporting REST APIs