Ready to utilize your entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and passion to drive a highly visible business unit to new heights? Do you have competency with all phases of project management, risk identification and management, milestones and budget ownership and ability to analyze data? Keep reading!
We are looking for an experienced and talented Product Team Manager to lead, own and manage our customers Individual benefits business. You’ll be responsible for setting the vision, translating ideas into strategy and setting long-term product roadmap. Additionally, you will work across teams to prevent roadblocks, meet quality standards, project deadlines and business objectives.
You would be great for this role if you are:
- Data-driven entrepreneurial mindset
- Invested in delivering great customer experiences
- Leader across peers, team and outside vendors
- Able to operate at all levels of the organization and continuously raise the bar and drive teams to deliver high quality results
The Individual Market helps prospective individuals obtain dental benefits outside of employer sponsored programs. These individuals may have different means, as the population is generally categorized as underinsured, state sponsored, or patient purchased programs. This role will build a strategy to acquire and retain individual members, while understanding the relationship between employer sponsored programs and the multiple benefit packages that can be obtained by an individual.
As an innovative leader promoting oral and overall health, our client fosters a patient-focused culture that is grounded in our core values – One Team, Pioneering, Integrity, Ownership and Invested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Understand the market
- Direct research initiatives to support the product strategy and roadmap
- Generate insights from data and user research to inform decisions, create learnings, and measure success.
- Understand and evaluate market competition
- Own product and marketing strategy
- Define the business and outcomes sought of the individual consumer
- Creating products, services, and marketing programs built around individual consumer’s needs
- Develop product portfolio roadmap to align product owners and development teams, ensuring consistency of tactics with strategic goals
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and customers to determine strategies and prioritizing work to successfully implement products services and programs
- Inspire teams to build best in class products and marketing programs
- Establish a culture of agility and speed and learning through continuous testing and learning
- Deliver value
- Own the Individual Market P&L
- Identify, communicate and measure product KPIs
- Lead external media agencies to efficiently acquire new members
- Manage efforts that impact both growth and retention metrics
- Monitor and maintain the product to ensure seamless operation
- Be the voice of an individual member internally and externally
- Establish effective relationships with key partners, including customers and business stakeholders
- Introduces and markets new products and services by developing time-integrated communication and roll-out plans
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product/services forecasts and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Publish and maintain the product roadmap
- Provide visibility to and set expectations with stakeholders
- Leads people
- Maintains product management support staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains product management staff job results by creating regular feedback and coaching opportunities as well as disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop creative, flexible, and rapid approaches to business and end-user problems
- Competency with all phases of project management, including issues and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies, milestones and budget, and communication of overall project status
- Ability to analyze data and synthesize the needs of diverse user groups into a single product
- Experience in applying emerging technology to improve business outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, influencing others both with and without authority
- A natural curiosity that leads to identifying bias, risk, and process improvements
- Goal-oriented and passionate about achieving results
- Familiar with the broker sales channel
- Highly collaborative
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BA or MA in a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive responsibility managing and owning a business unit
- Experience working firsthand with cross-functional teams to drive the roadmap, implement new features, and resolve operational issues. Experience working with distributed teams preferred
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM.
This position may require supervisory and leadership responsibilities and has direct reports.