Emerald Talent Group
Our mission is a way of life, we are changing lives by transforming the way children learn through our multi-award winning program. We bring engaging material to students, while adapting uniquely to each individual, moment-by-moment. We are a passionate group who believe education should be accessible to all, regardless of zip code, age, or level of experience.
We look to hire people who are passionate about the work they do. We look for people whose core values align with our own.
We’re adding a QA Engineer to our Software development team that will be responsible for system quality from initial design to production deployment. You will be part of an Agile team which designs, implements, tests and deploys services, which support our cloud based education platform.
About the job:
1. Own activities including web service design / validation, test planning, implementing and maintaining test automation, and operational deployment support (DevOps), ensuring the overall quality of our lesson delivery, student management, data aggregation, and reporting systems.
2. Own test Automation, writing test cases in JSON which are executed within our proprietary testing framework.
3. Work closely with engineers to continuously influence the design and development process to ensure system designs meet internal scalability, performance, and reliability goals.
4. You will perform root cause analysis of defects to create detailed, actionable bug reports and follow-up on proposed problem resolution.
To be successful in this role;
1. You will need previous experience testing enterprise applications, which use a Service Oriented Architecture.
2. You must have experience testing REST or SOAP based web services.
3. Be able to design, implement, execute and maintain JSON based automated test cases.
4. Create and execute complex database queries in SQL to support testing and feature verification.
5. Write shell scripts, and read and write simple regular expressions.
6. Have experience with, or least interest in, system operations in a cloud or virtualized environment.
7. Be nimble, able to learn on their feet, deeply analytical and forever questioning, effective at getting the right thing done at the right time, and passionate about all aspects of quality in our products.
All members of the development team are considered peers. We develop our software together as a team. QA is integrally involved right from initial design through production deployment. QA Engineers have deep ownership of the features they are working on. We work closely with the Software Engineers to ensure data models, features and operability are of the highest quality and meet the needs of the customer. We also enjoy a work hard play hard mindset. We celebrate and have fun together while getting the job done. It’s not uncommon to hear Nerf darts whistling ove