Emerald Talent Group
Are you someone who likes to collaborate with team members to solve technical problems? We are passionate about building a cloud solution for our internal and external customers and partners and value eternal curiosity, technical capability, and a drive for efficiency. The Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer collaborates with product teams on building and automating solutions, managing the cloud infrastructure, building and owning software deployment procedures, and improving operational efficiency of the product stack.
You are a great fit for this role if you are:
- Able to lead and mentor technical efforts in designing and engineering mission-critical native cloud services in a product management environment that align to business requirements and external partner needs
- Experienced at a senior level with scripting, automation, infrastructure-as-code, and monitoring to minimize outages in cloud or hybrid-cloud infrastructures
- Comfortable designing, building, automating, and supporting multi-tier architectures including front end, service, Identity and Access Management (IAM), and database layers
- An active participant in enterprise architecture planning, a mentor to team members on quality and standards, and a builder of the next generation platforms
We work around a singular vision that all people will enjoy good oral and overall health, with no one left behind. We succeed because of a shared commitment to a set of values that guide everything we do – for our customers, for our communities, and for each other. Our OneTeam values are accountable, courage, curious, inclusive and integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provision, manage and maintain the AWS infrastructure/services that supports our environments
- Use coding and/or scripting tools to automate tasks for software and infrastructure deployment and monitoring
- Lead the development of software deployment mechanisms and execute, or facilitate, software deployments
- Use IT Service Management (ITSM) tools to triage and respond to incidents and customer issues
- Configure and use Application Performance Management (APM) tools to track performance for real users, and performance of systems, services, and databases
- Improve performance, scalability, and cost-efficiency of systems and services
- Solve issues and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Execute, or work with development teams on, remediation of security vulnerabilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- 7+ years’ experience designing, building, and deploying solution in Amazon Web Services (AWS) based on AWS Well-Architected framework
- 8+years’ experience in software development, DevOps, or Cloud Engineer showing an increasing level of technical responsibilities and proficiency
- Experience writing CloudFormation templates, PowerShell, and Python scripts to provision and configure infrastructure in AWS
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional Certification or other AWS certification
- Ability to work in a change control, regulated environment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating systems (2012 and newer)
- Other cloud service provider offerings (Azure, GCP).
- Automation and orchestration (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc) tools and technologies
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of networking and Internet protocols
- Success in building and deploying infrastructure or software solutions
- Effective interpersonal skills to assist in bridging technical domains
- Good grasp of information security
- Competency in teamwork and emotional intelligence will be an asset in forming team cohesiveness and building execution speed
- A risk/reward mentality to communicate opportunities or issues and promote effective decision making within the team.
- Hands-on experience in the following technologies
- Identity and Access Management (e.g. Cognito, Auth0, SiteMinder, Okta)
- AWS application infrastructure (e.g. WAF, ELB, API Gateway, CloudFront, Docker)
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. CDK, Lambda, CloudFormation)
- Application Performance Management (e.g. Dynatrace, New Relic)