Emerald Talent Group
Whitepages is the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S. and our data is our differentiator. We ingest billions of records every month from a variety of public sources and organize that data by linking individual records to create an intricate graph of names, phone numbers and addresses. This graph gives our users access to the most accurate and robust dataset of contact information in North America. Our suite of products include a top-40 consumer website, mobile apps and our B2B SaaS suite of products. We value working in small, empowered teams and working with the best people. If you would like to contribute in important ways to a powerful service used by millions of people every month, please contact us so we can talk about available opportunities.
We have opportunities on our full stack engineering team. If your passion is web development for one of the top trafficked sites on the web or providing premium data to businesses, as well as the tools to get the most out of that data, we have a place for you! We’re a small company with a big vision and we work as a cohesive team to make that vision a reality. We don’t believe in mind-numbing org charts or office politics. We do believe in taking risks, working hard and having lots of fun.
At Whitepages we manage billions of data points with just under 200 employees, which means you will have a direct impact on the health of our business and the end user. Our small size also means we’re each expected to think two steps ahead at all times, stay on the bleeding edge of technology and make recommendations that drive product decisions. Our challenges range from integrating a new product line to solving really big data problems.
What you will do:
- Write high-performance, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Write automated tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Come ready to learn from some of the best and brightest in the industry
- Work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast moving team
- Be effective in a team environment working with fellow engineers and product management
What you should have:
- Computer Science or related degree
- 5+ years coding experience
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks (i.e. Django)
- Fluency in one or more languages such as Ruby, Scala, Python, C#/C++/C
- Understanding of OO design, algorithms, and data structures
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
Started in 1997 from a Stanford dorm room, we’ve been profitable since day one and now serve over 55M unique monthly users. A top-40 web property, Whitepages is headquartered in the heart of downtown Seattle with additional offices in NYC and Budapest. Our staff enjoys spectacular new offices, a fully stocked kitchen, weekly events (including catered lunch and happy hours), annual company trips and so much more!
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.