Emerald Talent Group
INRIX is seeking a strong Senior Technical Program Manager to lead the execution of our Analytics Roadmap and Strategy. This involves delivering game-changing insights and population movement analytics around the globe with the help of open source big data toolsets in the cloud. This is a leadership position enabling you to have a huge impact on the company and entire industries. If you have a strong track-record of leading agile teams to deliver innovative services that strike the optimum balance between delivering customer value, meeting business needs, and maintaining development agility, then we want you on our team!
As a Senior Technical Program Manager at INRIX, you will be responsible for end-to-end services that supports our Analytics roadmap and vision. You will work with stakeholders and customers to understand their needs, work with engineering to design, develop and deploy the service, and you will work with operations to support the ongoing health of the service. You will use your engineering expertise to lead a mutt-discipline team through the development, delivery and deployment of complex projects. You must be capable of presenting strategy, plans and analysis to executives, as well as able to have architectural discussions with the development team. Your primary focus will be on predictable execution, with a strategy and a plan for the future.
You must possess a strong program management background, have demonstrated experience leading large programs, and have a well-rounded technical background in current data and cloud technologies. You must have development knowledge that will allow you to work in an environment of geospatial data, algorithms and large scale data processing. You must be able to thrive and succeed in a high growth environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You will be expected to demonstrate technical knowledge of complex products and services. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, manage risk, and balance the business needs with the technical strategy and constraints. Leadership, execution focus, negotiation skills, good communication, collaboration skills, ability to influence, analytical skills, and sound judgment are essential to success in this role.
- 7+ years of program management/product owner experience with proven success at delivering software services in large scale distributed environments
- Proven experience in predictable execution and delivery of globally scaled services in the cloud
- Experience dealing with high throughput, data intensive systems with storage, compute and cost constraints
- Ability to manage a dynamic requirements environment and move it to a predictable, high speed delivery environment
- Deep understanding and practice in Agile/Scrum
- Good communication both written and verbal
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Development experience with open source Big Data technologies and AWS cloud computing
- Development experience with Java, C#, C++ or other technical depth
- Demonstrated ability to step outside of core role when needed to help team deliver projects on-time
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
- Experience working with big data processing or many-terabyte datasets
- Experience and interest in Data Science. Experience with probability and statistics is a plus.
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
INRIX is making a positive impact in the world:
INRIX is a leading provider of real-time traffic information, connected car services and analytics worldwide. The company leverages big data analytics to reduce the individual, economic and environmental toll of traffic congestion. We’re redefining how drivers travel our roads and governments build our future highways.
Our vision is simple – to solve traffic, empower drivers, inform planning and enhance commerce. INRIX is at the forefront of connecting cars to smarter cities and serves more than 350 blue-chip customers in more than 40 countries around the world.
Why you should make the move:
- Great Benefits – We’re as good, or better than most companies our size. We even pay 100% of our employees’ medical, dental, vision, and disability premiums.
- Bonuses 2x per year and Stock Options – Because you like to be rewarded and recognized for your hard work.
- Open Ended Vacation Policy – You’re an adult and can manage your own vacation time. Work hard; play hard, and don’t bother counting the days.
- Lots of free food – We have free onsite snacks and drinks; Friday family style lunches, and stocked fridges with lunch items for everyday!
- INRIX motorboat – Get your boat license and we’ll pay for the gas. You can walk from your office to the dock in 15 minutes. Take your family and friends skiing or tubing. Yes, it’s big and it’s fast!
- Free Parking – We have free parking in our covered garage and enough of it to go around.
- Free Bus Pass – If you don’t have a car to park.
- Free car – Well not really free… but we have a couple new test cars with the latest traffic technology that you can take home. We pay for the gas or electricity.
- Electric Vehicle Charger onsite
- Family – We don’t believe that you should miss your child’s play because you have to attend a meeting. The CEO even sends a handwritten card and gift to your child on their special day. How many CEO’s do that?