Emerald Talent Group
We are looking for a Software Architect to join our team to help lead our cloud and mobile first technology direction for the next generation of our flagship product, while maintaining and pragmatically extending our current SaaS architecture. We are an Agile CI/CD shop and our focus is for all new features and products to go through our continuous delivery process.
The Architecture team researches, explores, and prototypes new technologies needed to meet the needs of our growing SaaS business. Architecture works with Development Teams and Product Owners to promote and represent the technical work needed to deliver operationally independent, highly performing, robust, and scalable features and products.
The right candidate will come with strong architectural experience in cloud-first, mobile-first technologies and patterns using an iterative software development process. You are passionate about collaborating with development teams to deliver highly valuable software using good tech. You believe in simple solutions and have a desire to keep things lightweight and modular. You are skilled at understanding the right compromise to achieve timely delivery of features while minimizing technical debt.
Our teams build innovative apps and tackle tough problems, making an immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.
While knowledge in specific technologies is important, we are also interested in well rounded individuals, across the entire stack. Some technology categories we are looking for:
· Patterns, best practices for building Single Page Applications (SPA)
· Frameworks, patterns, standards for building MicroServices
· RESTful service oriented architectures.
· Backend languages such as Java, C#, SQL
Responsibilities and Skills
· Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects.
· Plan and implement the technical Enterprise Architecture, including both short and long term strategies for retiring certain legacy systems, integrating existing systems and new systems implementation recommendations
· Define and enforce coding standards, patterns, and processes.
· Mentor and help grow engineers within the organization.
· Identify and adopt new coding methodologies, best practices, and tools.
· Give input to tool, environment, and library selection.
· Write detailed technical design proposals to shape engineering and product direction.
· Estimate feature size and guide technical solution for stakeholders.
· Ensure the architecture is designed and built to be easily operated in production with high levels of uptime.
· Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
· Resolve disputes and make tradeoffs with regard to technology, architecture, and customer value.
· Identify and implement iterative solutions to architecture evolution and delivery.
· Help teams resolve difficult technical problems.
· Spend at least 50% of time actively coding, contributing to stories or spiking out future solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 12+ years experience in B2B software development.
· 3+ years experience working as a Software Architect in an iterative SDLC.
· 2+ years experience with an enterprise-class cloud platform (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS).
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.