Emerald Talent Group
Whitepages is NOT the phonebook we all grew up with. We are the leading provider of contact data in the United States. We have over 55M unique users visiting Whitepages.com every month and we have the #1 Caller ID android application. Our award-winning web and mobile apps support millions of users and we want to bring that experience to an even wider audience.
As a Software Engineer on our Caller ID Team successful candidates need the following:
- A B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or related discipline)
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years experience developing Android and/or iOS apps
- Familiarity with Xcode, Eclipse, or Android Studio.
- Broad experience designing/architecting applications on mobile platforms
- Impressive coding chops in Java (Android)
- Experience with REST-based web services, Thrift, or similar API platforms
- Experience with leadership and actively mentoring teammates
- Know-how for developing on a SQL platform such as SQLite, Postgres, MySQL or SQL Server
- Experience working in Mac/Unix/Linux/BSD environments
The right person for this role will be:
- Passionate about giving the user the best possible experience
- Motivated to get coding and consistently meet or beat timelines
- Comfortable in an agile development environment – we work quickly and iterate often
- Able to translate sometimes fuzzy business requirements into a technical work of art
- Excited to mentor and grow peers, leading both by example and through active one on one skill development
- Willing and able to cross service boundaries when necessary to achieve results
- Able to work without a net
Extra credit for:
- Experience with iOS, Objective-C or Swift
- Contributing to public communities like GitHub and StackOverflow
- Showing examples of apps you have created in the Google Play or Apple App Store
- Experience creating unit and/or integration tests for mobile applications
Whitepages is the leading source for contact information in North America and is at the forefront of developing services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities in an ever-changing digital world. Whitepages is committed to empowering users with control, safeguarding the accuracy and authenticity of digital identities, and advancing transparency. With over 55 million unique monthly users, Whitepages offers access to more than 200 million personal identities and provides users with the ability to control their own. Whitepages also operates Whitepages PRO, an API and web-based service, which helps businesses verify the identities of their customers. Download our Caller ID app today HERE.
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity employer.