Emerald Talent Group
Sr. Front-End Developer
Software Development | Seattle, WA, United States
If you’re super smart, take pride in your code, and are naturally curious about finding solutions to complex problems, you might be the next member of our elite swat team of advertising technology trailblazers. This is a great opportunity to work in one of Seattle’s best agile startup environments, with lots of other smart people, and learn a lot about one of today’s fastest growing industries. We are backed with great funding from the same group of people who invested in Amazon, Redfin, and many other disruptive Seattle-area startups. As an addition to our great culture here at Mixpo, you’ll be able to enjoy happy hours, free snacks, hack-a-thons, and have time to further enhance some of life’s more essential skills – Ping Pong and Foosball!
This role is for you, if you:
- Are passionate about modern front-end web technology with expertise in cross-platform consistency (across browsers, devices, etc.)
- Are comfortable writing unit tests and running integration tests
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the success of your software solutions, including architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance
- Have been a major contributor, in a senior capacity, to a high performance software team in an agile software development environment
- Are excited about mentoring other developers in areas like writing maintainable code, TDD, modern design patterns, emerging technologies, etc.
- Have a great sense of humor and enjoy working in a startup environment where culture is paramount
The qualifications for this role include:
- A B.S. in Computer Science or other STEM major and a strong grasp of fundamental computer science concepts – OO design, algorithms, data structures, bits & bytes, etc.
- Expertise in building modern, responsive web applications using one or more common frameworks (e.g. angular.js, ember.js, or react.js)
- Considerable experience with one or more server-side scripting technologies like Node.js, PHP, or Python
- Considerable experience with UI test and automation frameworks such as Selenium, QUnit, Jasmine, or Mocha
- Extensive knowledge of modern design patterns, writing maintainable code, cross-browser compatibility, and agile software engineering practices
- Strong communication skills with a team-oriented mentality
Highly preferred (but not required) experience includes:
- Extensive open-source technology stack experience
- Building on social APIs – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Server-side experience developing endpoints with Java, Clojure, etc.
- Experience with streaming video – HLS, HDS, or Dash
- Online advertising industry knowledge
- Entrepreneurial experience in previous startup