Emerald Talent Group
Whitepages Premium provides consumers with the best people search engine on the web to access public records for any person in the U.S. We allow subscribers access to public records, including full contact details, mobile numbers, bankruptcy and liens, criminal and legal records, and more, to facilitate trusting interactions in today’s sharing economy.
Our foundation is data at massive scale. Our open search web properties serve 55 million visitors per month and account for more than 90% of free people searches in North America. To support these users, Whitepages has developed its own fully-integrated, high-availability Identity Graph database which houses more than 5 billion global identity records. These records have been curated and corroborated from hundreds of different sources and made available to our users to deliver unparalleled coverage, accuracy, and performance. So whether you are looking up an old friend, checking out someone you met online, or sizing-up your next roommate, Whitepages Premium helps you manage the people in your life.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, Communications to help develop the storyline and positioning for Whitepages in an increasingly mobile and connected world and communicate our story, value proposition and innovation through earned media, placed content, social media and other communications channels. You’ll be an expert at crafting rich storylines and point of view on relevant topics, including digital identity and data security, and putting industry trends in context for colleagues.
In this role you will:
- Refine Whitepages consumer storyline and positioning as our business, products and the data industry evolves
- Lead Whitepages public relations operation, including campaigns around product launches, opportunistically leverage current trends and insert Whitepages into the conversation and pitching/securing data- and user-driven stories
- Bring, build and maintain relationships with key press, influencers, and analysts
- Produce and maintain a calendar of events, editorial content and consumer outreach
- Manage the Whitepages speakers bureau and blog
- Collaborate with marketing, product, leadership, and data teams to drive consistent messaging across the organization and up-level the effectiveness of our messaging throughout external channels
- Lead the development of messaging materials, editorial content, and press releases for local and national consumer PR campaigns
- At least 6 years experience implementing creative consumer media and communications campaigns, both on the agency side and in-house
- Proven record of leading creative PR campaigns and placing stories in consumer media
- Network of consumer media contacts and history of strong relationship building
- Self-starting, idea-generator who loves executing in a fast-paced environment
- Solid grasp of social media strategies and tactics
Combine all this with a dynamic, can-do culture, and Whitepages is a pretty awesome place to work for folks who want to have impact. We are a small team with a passion for what we do, and we keep our employees at the center of our mission. We host weekly events, including catered lunches and happy hours, enjoy unlimited vacation, keep a fully stocked kitchen, and work in some great cities, with headquarters in downtown Seattle, and offices in New York City and Budapest, Hungary.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to spend your days, then visit us at: http://about.whitepages.com/. Whitepages Inc. prides itself on being an equal-opportunity employer.